In this article, I will tell you the complete recipe of authentic falafel recipe. Falafel is vegetarian chickpea fritters. This recipe is basically from middles eastern cuisine. I had tried to taste this recipe when I have planned a trip to Iran to see their beauty and uniquely their holy shrines of Muslims. So, my trip was from Bangkok to Tehran. And when I was land at Tehran and spend 3 to 4 days at there. Then I taste this falafel in their local cuisine.
So, I ask its recipe to the restaurant’s owner, and he tells me with the warm heart. And he feels some owner tell me the recipe of falafels. Here the recipe is. When you cook this according to my instructions, you can get an excellent flavor from these. These falafels are served with inside stuffed pita bread or with tahini sauce. So, if you want to cook this then follow me.
Ingredients for Authentic Falafel Recipe:
You will need these ingredients to make authentic falafel recipe. So, buy them all.
2 cups dried chickpeas (Do NOT use canned or cooked chickpeas)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup fresh parsley leaves, stems removed
3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, stems removed
1/2 cup fresh dill, stems removed
7-8 garlic cloves, peeled
Salt to taste
1 tbsp ground black pepper
Ground cumin 1 tbsp
1 tbsp ground coriander
One tsp cayenne pepper, optional
One tsp baking powder
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Vegetable or Canola Oil for frying
Fixings for Sandwich (Optional)
Tahini Sauce (click to see the recipe) or Hummus (click to see the recipe)
English cucumbers, chopped or diced
Tomatoes, chopped or diced
Instructions for Authentic Falafel Recipe
- First of all, take a large-sized bowl and in this bowl set dried chickpeas and dredge baking soda on it and fill this bowl water. Cover at least 2 inches chickpeas with water and soak these chickpeas in this water till a complete nigh or soak for 16-18 hours. After soaking check the chickpeas that they are soft or still hard. If these are still hard then soak for more time until these are ready to cook. After that drain the chickpeas.
- Now take a chopper and in this helicopter start addition of cilantro, dill, and parsley and chop them well. After that add garlic, spices, and chickpeas in the chopper and chop them for 40 seconds or until the mixture is formed in the smooth falafel.
3. Here take a container and transfer the falafel mixture into the bowl and cover this tightly. 4. After tighten set this tray in the refrigerator for minimum 1 hour or set it until it is not ready to fry.
- So, add sesame seeds and baking powder in the falafel mixture just before frying and mix them with a spoon.
6. After frying falafel mixture, cut these into patties shape like the ½ inch thick patty. It will help you to make patties with wet hands.
Try this also: How to Make Pizza at Home without Oven | How to Make Pizza in Pressure Cooker
7. Now take a medium-sized saucepan and add oil in this pan. Heat the oil over medium-high flame until oil starts bubbling. And add falafel patties in the oil carefully and fry them for 3 to 4 minutes or fry the patties until they are lightly brown.
8. At that point take a plate and drain this with paper towels and place fried falafel patties in the dish.
9. Hence your dish is ready to serve. So, place other patties into other small plates and serve. Or you can serve these with pita bread with hummus or tahini, tomato, cucumber, arugula. And Enjoy!!!