If you have ever tried the Pakistani or Indian food, then you can imagine, how delicious these are. In this article, I will tell you the complete recipe of how to make chicken karahi. First I want to tell you my experience about this. I am a foodie, or you can say I am a food lover. Once I make a trip to Pakistan. I decided to see Pakistan’s beauty especially its northern areas, it one or two famous cities and also wants to check Pakistani desi taste. So, my plane on the capital of Pakistan called Islamabad. From Airport I want to my hotel where I have already booked my room. So, I stay there for two days, and their travel guide tells me some important things about Pakistan. When I ask him about Pakistan best food place, then I replied me you should go to the Lahore. Lahore is also the capital of Punjab province. Lahore’s best food place is Lakshmi chok. So, I decided to go there and check there’s taste.
When I go there and want to check their specialty. They give chicken Karahi. It was delicious, spicy and outstanding in taste. I cannot stop myself to ask them for this recipe. So, the owner of the restaurant tells me about its entire recipe. So I want to share this recipe with you. This recipe is so simple. You will cook this in a just first attempt and can get the best flavor from this. The ingredients are just same as Pakistani food is like every day common vegetables, chicken and spices. So, follow the recipe to get delicious taste. Enjoy!!!
Ingredients How to Make Chicken Karahi:
- Chicken: 1/2 kg
- Tomato: 1 to 2 pieces
- Oil: 1/4 cup
- Red Chili: 2 tablespoons
- Dried Fenugreek (Sukhi Methi): 1 tablespoon
- Coriander Seeds Ground (Sabut Dhanya): 1 tablespoon
- Garam Masala Ground (Spice Mixture): 1 tablespoon
- Yogurt: 2 tablespoons
- Salt: As per your taste
- Green Chili: 5 pieces large
- Ginger Paste: 2 tablespoons
- Chopped Ginger: 1 tablespoon
- Butter: 2 tablespoons
Directions for How to Make Chicken Karahi:
If you want to get the best flavor from this chicken karahi, then follow the recipe with full intention.
- First of all, take a pot and add oil in this pan and heat this over medium-high flame and cook the oil slightly.
- Now put the ginger paste in the oil and add chicken to the mixture with chopped tomatoes and mix them gradually.
- After that, start addition of all the spices and mix them until tomatoes start losing water.
- Here start addition of green chilies and yogurt in the pot and cook this.
- When you see water is dried through temperature, then add butter in the mixture. After butter addition makes the flame on low heat.
- Here your dish is in the last step. So garnish this with your favorite ginger and chilies.
- You can serve this with your favorite toppings. And enjoy this with your friends and family.
- You can also use your favorite ingredients but mainly used necessary elements.
Chicken Karahi Dhaba Style:
This chicken karahi dhaba is the second version of chicken karahi. This dish is also simple, delicious too and also I love to cook this. This recipe is also from Pakistan. So, if you want to taste another flavor from Pakistani chicken karahi. Then don’t need to go anywhere. Follow me in this recipe I will tell you it’s recipe too.
Ingredients for Chicken Karahi Dhaba Style:
- Three ozs butter
- Six tbs cooking oil
- 2lb chicken cut into 3-inch pieces
- Two tsp freshly crushed garlic
- Two tsp freshly ground ginger
- 1 lb finely chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- Two tsp dry coarsely ground coriander
- Two tsp coarsely ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- One tsp red chili flakes (skip for mild)
- One tsp garam masala
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- Two tbs dry methi (fenugreek)
- Three tsp finely sliced (or grated) fresh garlic
- Six tbs freshly sliced green coriander
- Three sliced jalapenos (optional)
Instructions for Chicken Karahi Dhaba Style:
For this dhaba style chicken karahi, you should apply these all rules and ways same as it is to get the outstanding flavor.
- First of all, take small size bowl and in this bowl start addition of salt, cumin, ground black pepper, dry coriander, gram masala, chili flakes, and dry masala mixture. Mix them all.
- After that take the chicken and wash this thoroughly with cold water and drain.
- Now take a non-stick pan and in this pan add butter and oil and heat the pan. When butter starts melting add half chicken pieces and fry these pieces on high flame until chicken take golden brown shape. After frying removes chicken from pan and set into the dish. Now fry remaining pieces of chicken with the same procedure.
- Here in the remaining mixture of butter and oil add garlic and ginger and cook them for just 2 minutes. After that add dry masala mixture and tomatoes to the mixture and mix them gradually.
- At that point of cooking add one cup of water and covered the pan until liquid in the pan is evaporate and oil separate from the mixture. Stir the mixture after some time to avoid thick paste.
- Now add chicken and yogurt and cook chicken on medium-high flame and fry this.
- Add remaining dry masala mixture and also add extra one tsp ground black pepper and one tsp red chilies for hotter taste. Add two tbsp of dry fenugreek and also freshly sliced garlic.
- Stir the mixture well and cook this for more 5 minutes on very low flame.
- Now your dish is approximately ready. Garnish this with the help of sliced ginger, thinly sliced coriander and jalapenos fresh.
- Hence your dish is ready to serve. Serve this with Naans or chapatis and Enjoy its hot taste.